Friday, November 25, 2011

11/25/11

The LL and Megan returned at 4:30AM and Brandon left for work at the same time.  Siena and I got a good night's sleep and ready to take on the movies this afternoon.  We'll have to wait for the ladies to awaken, I'm afraid it will be a rough day for them.

For some strange reason I have been thinking about phobias.  The BM is not afraid of much but there are two things that do get me.  I am perified of snakes and clowns make me uncomfortable.  It really doesn't matter if the snake is big or small, I will get out of the way and sometimes even run.  My legs don't move me nearly as fast as in my youth, but they can pick it up a little when a snake is around.  I really don't know where my fear originated, I guess it is due to the fact that I don't know if it is poisonous or not.  I have always figured if you stay around to try and determine that, it may be too late.

Now clowns are different.  I am not petrified of them, I just think they are creepy.  Their faces are painted this ghostly color with bright markings in different designs.  I don't find them amusing, attractive, or endearing,  The clothes they where are not normal either.  I can be around them, but I don't want to touch them, talk to them, or even engage in anything with them.  They need to keep their space from me and I'll be fine.

So the Christmas season has officially started.  I am not a fan of the holidays.  I know, Bah Humbug!  I love it for my grandbabies and I do like the music.  I just think it doesn't have the meaning that was intended.  As I stated previously in another blog, I am not overly religious, but I do believe in God and Jesus Christ and that's what Christmas is about.  I just wish we'd just wait until a few days before, gather family again and celebrate.  Gathering the family is stressful.  The older you get, the more difficult it becomes.  The extended families that happen through marriage of your children and them living their own lives make those traditions when we were younger only memories.  This year we will have Chrismas on December 11th.  It is the only time we can get everyone together.  This is no one's fault, just the way it is.  Maybe this is another reason I am not a fan of the holidays.

Off to another day of fun with my granddaughter.  That is something I am a fan, spending time with her always brightens my day!  Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment