Thanksgiving is a day we give thanks for the freedoms we have, worshipping the God we believe in, thinking of family and friends we care about, and being fortunate to be born in a country that allows us to have the means to do what we please with the right worth ethic and education to succeed.
Things I am thankful for:
- Family that cares about each other and supports all in whatever they choose to do.
- A God that is loving and fiorgiving, boy do I need that.
- Grandchildren that are different as night and day, but I love them all the same.
- The Lovely Lady that supports and loves me no matter how many faults I have and those faults are extensive.
- Public schools that gives every child an opportunity to be as fortunate as I have been.
- Children that have succeeded in spite of the many words of advice the LL and I have given them.
- The smell of fresh cut grass on a beautiful Spring Day.
- A big old steak cooked just right for me to enjoy.
- The Bengals, because it gives me something to hang onto that is really pretty meaningless.
- Kentucky because it is a state of hospitality and beauty like no other.
- A golf course that is forgiving to my errant shots (haven't found many of those).
- Songs that when I listen to them I think, I should've written that.
- My Republican friends, even though they are generally incorrect in their thinking, but are stubborn enough to believe they are:)
- My Democrat friends, and they are fewer than the previously mentioned, because it helps me realize there is some sense of sanity in this country:)
- A country that allows us to choose who does govern us.
- The men and women of the armed forces who fight for all those things we take for granted.
Finally, my cousin Kia has been diagnosed with kidney cancer. I am thankful that she has the family and friends to help her beat this thing, plus the faith in a God that will help her get through the rough tmes that may come. I love you cuz' we are all thinking and praying for you.