Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving morning and the turkey is in the oven with the Prime Rib Roast getting at room temperature. Brandon and Siena are getting the Christmas lights untangled with Megan and the LL going through the ads.  The BM is seated and in position for a day of football.

Thanksgiving is a day we give thanks for the freedoms we have, worshipping the God we believe in, thinking of family and friends we care about, and being fortunate to be born in a country that allows us to have the means to do what we please with the right worth ethic and education to succeed.

Things I am thankful for:

  • Family that cares about each other and supports all in whatever they choose to do.
  • A God that is loving and fiorgiving, boy do I need that.
  • Grandchildren that are different as night and day, but I love them all the same.
  • The Lovely Lady that supports and loves me no matter how many faults I have and those faults are extensive.
  • Public schools that gives every child an opportunity to be as fortunate as I have been.
  • Children that have succeeded in spite of the many words of advice the LL and I have given them.
  • The smell of fresh cut grass on a beautiful Spring Day.
  • A big old steak cooked just right for me to enjoy.
  • The Bengals, because it gives me something to hang onto that is really pretty meaningless.
  • Kentucky because it is a state of hospitality and beauty like no other.
  • A golf course that is forgiving to my errant shots (haven't found many of those).
  • Songs that when I listen to them I think, I should've written that.
  • My Republican friends, even though they are generally incorrect in their thinking, but are stubborn enough to believe they are:)
  • My Democrat friends, and they are fewer than the previously mentioned, because it helps me realize there is some sense of sanity in this country:)
  • A country that allows us to choose who does govern us.
  • The men and women of the armed forces who fight for all those things we take for granted.
Finally, my cousin Kia has been diagnosed with kidney cancer.  I am thankful that she has the family and friends to help her beat this thing, plus the faith in a God that will help her get through the rough tmes that may come.  I love you cuz' we are all thinking and praying for you.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't refer to yourself as "the BM", it tends to have bathroom related connotations, otherwise a heartwarming post.

    ReplyDelete