Monday, November 21, 2011

Random Thoughts 11/21/11

Periodically I am going to write all these things that roll around in my mind.  Sometimes they'll be opinionated, emotional, amusing, angry, sad, confusing, stupid, you get the point.  I have spent the last ten years of my life on the road and things just pop into my mind that when I get to my destination often pop out.  I'm gonna try and remember as many as I can and share to those limited few that you might enjoy.

My background is an educator at all levels, as a teacher, coach, and administrator.  I am not overly religious and sometimes am uncomfotable with those that are.  I am a father to two sons with daughter in laws, two stepchildren with one son in law and one still living at home at age 23.  But I'm most happy to share that I have three grandchildren with one on the way.  Finally, I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world who is exciting, maddening, and really the only person I pay attention to when I have to.

My interests are the BENGALS (my one and only real weakness), most sports, history, '70's music, reading, humor, broadway plays, and lots of other stuff.

My random thoughts will be about all of these and much more.  I usually spend a lot of thinking "why".
Here are some:

Why do schools ring a bell 6-8 times a day and give students 4-6 minutes with few rules to go someplace they can get to in 2 minutes or less and wonder why they "get in trouble"?

Why do women have to go into excrutiating details in telling a story?  Stories have a beginning, middle, and end.  Details bore men.  I really don't need to know what someone was wearing to get the gist of the story.

Why do grandchildren do the things your children did and you thinks it's ok and you beat your kids for the same behavior?

Why do some Christaians judge people publicly when the Jesus they follow did not?

Finally, why do I hate those people that wave those stupid yellow towels?  I am sure the majority are good decent people, just don't wave that thing around me or in my stadium?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment